Minimum stays at Bickley, Ern Haliday, Quaranup and Woodman Point
The minimum occupancy period is two nights, except long weekends which require a three night minimum stay.
A booking will be confirmed when the department has received the following within 14 days of making a booking:
- A deposit
- A signed booking contract.
The cancellation fees that apply in the event of a cancelled booking are:
- 6 months or more before arrival date – $40.00
- 3 to 6 months before arrival date – 50% of deposit
- Less than 3 months before arrival date – 100% of deposit.
A $40 fee will be applied to each change or transfer of booking.
Deposits or part thereof may be forfeited when a booking is changed or
transferred within two months of the arrival date.
A tax invoice will be forwarded to you after your stay and calculated
in the minimum nightly charge or the per person charge (whichever is
the greater). All monies are payable within 10 working days of the
invoice issue date.
Exclusive catering – metropolitan camps
Accolade Catering provides catering services at Bickley, Ern
Halliday, Point Walter and Woodman Point recreation camps. Accolade
Catering has total rights to cater for all groups at all times. No other
caterer is permitted to operate at these sites.
This service is designed to provide the most efficient use of camp resources whilst achieving Australian Food Health Standard. The menus are nutritionally balanced, competitively priced and targeted to camp clients. Please refer to our catering page for further information.
Exclusive catering – Camp Quaranup
Catering is available at Camp Quaranup for all groups, provided by
our qualified chef. Self catering is only permitted in the
self-contained accommodation areas. No outside catering company is
permitted to operate on site.
This service is designed to provide the most efficient use of camp resources whilst achieving Australian Food Health Standards. The menus are nutritionally balanced, competitively priced and targeted to camp clients. Please refer to our catering for further information.
To book catering, or obtain a quote, contact the camp office directly on 61 8 9844 4087.
Self-catering is only available to those persons residing in the specified dorms at:
- Self-catering can only be carried out by the incumbent group and
no outside professional caterers are permitted to cater at camp.
- A self-catering fee will apply per person per day of occupancy charged at a flat rate of $2 for schools, $3 for community groups and $5 for corporate groups (inc. GST).
- Groups wishing to self-cater must seek prior approval from the department during the booking process.
- Groups must provide the department with a copy of their Public Liability Insurance Policy.
- Groups must clean and remove grease from all ovens, cook tops
and grills, clear out the cool room and de-sanitise all kitchen surfaces
and bench tops.
- Groups must provide all their own detergents, cloths, tea towels and other cleaning equipment.
- All kitchen items must be cleaned and stacked as appropriate to the satisfaction of camp management.
- Kitchen access times are managed by the camp office and are independent of site arrival and departure times
- A cleaning fee of $40 (inc. GST) per hour will be charged if the kitchen is not restored to its pre-occupied condition.
The department does not have a catering licence covering the sale or
supply of alcoholic beverages. As a result, alcohol is not permitted at
any camp unless written approval has been provided by the camp manager
to the client in advance of the booking date and only when it does not
conflict with other groups.
For more information refer to our Alcohol Policy.
No smoking policy
As a State Government facility, no smoking is allowed within the camp grounds.